Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THAT'S ALL FOLKS... FOR NOW...



WHEW!! What a long and EXCITING week filled with lots of laughs, tension, tears, and of course lots of SUPER PROUD PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! This week we have been playing the State T-BALL tournament!! 14 teams from all around in competition for ONE title "The Champions"... I am sad to say that Hannah's team the "Dirt Dobbers" did not receive that title, but I am here to tell you...THEY PLAYED HARD and they did an outstanding job, placing 7th out of the 14 teams...I am so proud to be apart of such a great team!!
On Monday we defeated our first team 29-1...WOW!! I know :)

On Tuesday we played a double header:
Game 1 our favor 33-22
Game 2 :( our first loss 18-7
Today our second lose :( 32-31

Here is THE TEAM...DIRT DOBBERS after the game today (not the best picture, but there were about 15 parents taking pictures and the girls were not exactly in the picture taking mood) HOT, TIRED, AND MANY TEARS!!
GREAT GIRLS AND GREAT COACHES!!


OK... so I have to admit, I am gloating abit...ok ALOT :) Hannah did an FABULOUS job this week (as with any ball game)Kevin and I have had MANY compliments and request for Hannah to play on so many teams...She plays third base and might I say...SHE IS GOOD!! The other teams were actually telling their girls NOT to hit it down third base line, because Hannah would get them out!! I LOVE IT!! She jumped, dove, slid and ran them down!!

Our local newspaper http://www.athensreview.com/ featured Hannah on Tuesday with an action shot and a team article. After each game the opponents coaches made sure to pull Hannah to the side and tell her how impressed they were with her ability to play ball. At the end of tonight's game the umpire came up to Hannah and I and told her that on Tuesday at 4:00 he wanted her to be on the field at Athens High School to practice with the varsity girls!! :) My heart has SWELLED with pride this week!! Way to go baby girl!! FaLL BaLL here we come...
Keep up the good work and remember to put GOD before ANYTHING!!


I will leave you with this word on my heart tonight...


Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; shout for joy, all you upright in heart. Psalm 32:11


Blessings from one PROUD momma~


Brandi


























2 comments:

  1. Great job Hannah! Glad ya'll had such a great season! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My Hannah! I just love this! You did a great job! and you did play hard! All of you did, even tho your team lost, don't ever think that your not {#1}...,with Nana! LOL! "Nana"

    ReplyDelete