What to say, what to pray for, why we have to go through things in life, such as watch helplessly as loved ones suffer. I know that it is part of the cycle of life, but it still doesn't make it any easier.Please pray for my precious Aunt Linda, she is a woman with a tender heart full of compassion and the love of Christ. It is tearing my heart out to watch her walk down a path of illness, and what is even more heart wretching than that is watching my mom hold it together as she takes every moment to do what ever she can to make Aunt Linda comfortable, I know my mom is hurting and yet through it all she has a smile on her face...My mom is my very best friend and she has taught me how to smile through the pain. I sorta feel like I am rambling but my heart is heavy... I have found myself alot lately praying and I don't know what to say...I have tried to wrap my mind around the thought..."How can a christian not know what to pray for?" I was flipping through some notes stuck in my bible and guess what JUMPED out...
Romans 8:26-27..."In the same way the Spirit also joins to help in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings. And he who searches the heart knows the Spirit's mind-set, because he intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." WHOA... It didn't even look like my hand writing... I love it!! Thank you Jesus for divine intervention. So with all of that being said...
I ask you to lift my family up in prayer as we walk through some very difficult situations, not only with my aunt, but other things as well.
Monday, October 4, 2010
A pencil maker taught the pencil 5 important lessons just before
putting it into the box...
1. Everything you do will leave a mark.
2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
3. Whats most important is the thing inside of you.
4.In life you will undergo many painful sharpenings, which will only make you better.
5. To be the best pencil you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
We all need to constantly be sharpened. This parable may encourage you to know that you are a special person, with unique God given talents and abilities. Only YOU can fulfill the purpose in which you were born to accomplish. Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and can not be changed, and like the pencil, always remember that the most important part of who you are is what's inside.
* I recieved this in an e-mail today, and this is the thought that immediatley came to my mind... it is an incrediable thought to know that our lives are much like a pencil...dull and useless until we are sharpened by the word of God and put to use by the masters hand. May God put you in the palm of his hand and use the most important part of you...The INSIDE :)