Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stay tuned...

I just wanted to drop in and catch up on what I have been doing... :)

$7000.00 dollars

2 hours in Wal-Mart with my sweet friend Kasey and a very sweet Wal-Mart employee named Amber

Endless hours online

600 backpacks (25 cases, currently in my garage)

"What in the world are you talking about", you ask?!?!?!?
A ministry...

loving on people...

sharing the PRECIOUS WORD OF CHRIST...

helping out families in need...

showing kindness and compassion...

AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON... STAY WITH ME!!!

Last year our church FBC Malakoff (http://www.fbcmalakoff.com/) started something known as "block parties" we go into three different neighborhood areas with free fun, food and fellowship and do all of those things listed above with the people in the area... and boy is it a blessing!
Our last block party is held in our hometown in which we give out FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!! YES FREE!!! No strings attached!!! This year I was honored to be asked to organize this years school supply drive, that's where my sweet friend Kasey comes in, she also has been working diligently with me to get this pulled off... so tomorrow we go and pick up all of the supplies from Wal-Mart ( 4 pallets) and get ready to have a "backpack stuffing party"... so... "STAY TUNED" for pictures and stories of such a blessed event!!

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord- YOU SERVE THE LORD CHRIST." Col.3:23-24

Dear Father,
Remind me often that you are God and I am not. Help me to seek your face and your counsel as new responsibilities and opportunities are offered to me. Amen.


Blessings~
Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Brandi! So thankful for your service to our community! Wish I could be there for the "stuffing party"...I am in San Antonio again since Nathan is in Alaska. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete