A pencil maker taught the pencil 5 important lessons just before
putting it into the box...
1. Everything you do will leave a mark.
2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
3. Whats most important is the thing inside of you.
4.In life you will undergo many painful sharpenings, which will only make you better.
5. To be the best pencil you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
We all need to constantly be sharpened. This parable may encourage you to know that you are a special person, with unique God given talents and abilities. Only YOU can fulfill the purpose in which you were born to accomplish. Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and can not be changed, and like the pencil, always remember that the most important part of who you are is what's inside.
* I recieved this in an e-mail today, and this is the thought that immediatley came to my mind... it is an incrediable thought to know that our lives are much like a pencil...dull and useless until we are sharpened by the word of God and put to use by the masters hand. May God put you in the palm of his hand and use the most important part of you...The INSIDE :)